The USFTL Youth Mission is to develop sportsmanship, confidence, and self esteem while promoting physical and moral character development to all participants. Parents, athletes and coaches must work together for the best possible youth flag football experience and performance. These are the principles for parents:
• Remember that the game is for Youth not Adults.
• Help your child enjoy the USFTL Youth experience by doing whatever you can, such as being a respectful fan, assisting with coaching, or providing transportation.
• Never ridicule or yell at a child or another participant for making a mistake – EDUCATE… DO NOT DENIGRATE.
• Encourage and support all players, coaches, and officials at every game, practice, or USFTL Youth event by demonstrating good sportsmanship.
• Do not engage in any type of unsportsmanlike conduct with any official, coach, player, or parent such as booing, taunting, and refusing to shake hands, or using profane language or gestures.
• Always place the emotional and physical well-being of your child ahead of your personal desires to win.
• Refrain from any drugs and alcohol at a USFTL event.
• Please refrain from loud or rude behavior.
• Encourage discipline by having your child arrive on time for practices and games.
• Belonging to a team requires commitment. Parents can help children understand this through regular attendance and preparation.
• There is nothing wrong with applauding a good play made by the opponents. Parents can be good role models by appreciating the efforts made by both teams.
• Whenever possible, volunteer. This shows participants the value of being a team player.
• Respect the Official and his or her calls on the field. USFTL Officials are trained to make fair and safe decisions at all times.
•As a parent, you understand the daily pressures your child faces. We believe that football should be an outlet for fun. Encourage your child and allow them to have a good time.
Failure to abide by the USFTL Parental Principles of Conduct may result in a verbal warning by official, coach, or USFTL Director, ejection or suspension from game, game forfeit, or season suspension with no refunded fees.