THE USFTL ASKS THAT YOU BRING ALL OF YOUR PLAYERS BIRTH CERTIFICATES TO THE FIELDS IN CASE OF A PROTEST. THANK YOU.
PROTEST A ROSTER
Please note: It's $50 per team'
1. During a game (not before, and not after), if you believe a player is the wrong age, you must stop the game, present the Head Referee $50 in cash, and ask for him to get the Tournament Director.
2. The Tournament Director will ask the coach being protested to provide the players birth certificate.
3. If the Coach cannot provide the birth certificate, the player will be deemed ineligible and the team will forfeit for using an ineligible player, and the $50 will be returned.
4. If the Coach provides the birth certificate and the player is too old for that division, the player will be deemed ineligible and the team will forfeit for using an ineligible player, and the $50 will be returned.
5. If the Coach provides the birth certificate and the player is the correct age for that division, the player will be deemed eligible, the team will continue to play, the player will continue to play, and the $50 will be kept the Tournament Director.
PROTEST A RULE
Please note: It's $50 per team
The procedures involving a protest are as follows: As stated in the USFTL Rulebook 1. Misinterpretation of the rules 2. Failure of an Official to apply the correct rule to a given situation. 3. Failure of an Official to impose the correct penalty for a given violation. 4. Player eligibility *The notification of intent to protest must be made IMMEDIATELY before the next legal or illegal snap. (EXCEPTION: Player eligibility.) A $50 protest fee must be given to the Tournament Director at this time. If your protest is upheld, your $50 will be returned. If your protest is denied, you will forfeit your $50. This is designed to keep frivolous protests out of the game and expedite play. It is then up to the Head Ref to mark down the pertinent information. I.E.: down, what yard line you are on, who has the ball, score, time left, etc. (A smart team captain will also mark down this information). After the snap a protest is invalid. (Exception: Player eligibility – protest must be made before the end of the game.)
The reason that the NFL charges a fee for protests is to avoid unnecessary and time consuming protests.
AGE CUTOFF'S (LEAGUES ONLY)
Spring Season & Summer Season:
April 1st of that year
Fall Season & Winter Season:
August 1st of that year